Exclusive Stay in Uttarakhand, Binsar
Suitable for – all age groups
Approximate cost – Rs. 15,000 to 20,000 per night
Contact us for Exclusive deals – +91-9819506677
- Luxurious property with excellent rooms
- All rooms have majestic views
- 360 degree view of Himalayan Mountain range from the property
- Food is good
- Service is outstanding
- Hospitality at its best
- Wifi connection provided
Point to Note:
- No TV in rooms
- You will have to walk for 10 mins from parking lot to the hotel
- They have a couple of in-house dogs (kids can play with them)
About the Property:
Nestled on a ridge in the shadow of the sacred Nanda Devi Range, The Kumaon offers a private mountain retreat situated in the heart of the Himalaya.
The Kumaon is located in Kasar Devi, a ridge above the historical city of Almora, which has attracted artists, pilgrims, scholars and seekers for centuries — Swami Vivekananda, DH Lawrence, Timothy Leary and Bob Dylan, to name but a few.
Surrounded by undulating hills and imbued with simple elegance, the property is spread across 10 luxurious suites, nestled in pairs across five structures with private overlapping terraces offering views to the Great Himalayan range.
The main building hosts a lounge, spa, and library, and a cantilevered dining area suspended over the valley below.
The property is one of a kind, very carefully and beautifully designed on the edge of a hill and gives unrestricted views of the Himalayan range (including the second highest peak in India – K2) from every room.
Truly an Exclusive Stay in Uttarakhand region.
The Kumaon has 10 suites, nestled in pairs one atop the other, winding down a hillside.
Lower suites are built of locally quarried stone mirroring Kumaoni village homes with an adjacent outdoor sitting areas surrounded by fruit trees.
Upper suites are built using fly-ash bricks clad with bamboo sticks and copper wires. They have bay windows and extend out to large terraces
Suites have floor-to-ceiling windows that look out to views of the valleys below and mountains ahead. All Suites are fitted with traditional wood-burning bukharis, have spacious en-suite bathrooms, and ample lounging space besides.
The rooms does not have a central heating system but they provide you heaters and hot water bottles to keep the bed warm. They also provide wood-fire stove ovens, balcony fires, and space heating
None of the staff knows how to say No to a guest and make just about everything happen for guests.
- Board Games
Things to do:
- Treks – Go for some treks around the property like Binsar, Chitai and Kasar Devi and just submit yourself to The Kumaon staff to take care of everything needed
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary – It is a short 15-minute drive from the property.
- Jageshwar temple – An ancient and revered temple complex dedicated to Lord Shiva, is an hour’s drive away.
- Katarmal Surya Mandir – One of only three extant temples dedicated to the Sun, is located 30 mins away by car.
- Nature walk – Walk through hamlets practising traditional agriculture or descend through forests of Oak, Cedar and Rhododendron to some ancient stone temples.
The dining area, sits in a cantilevered structure of floor-to-ceiling glass and steel, high above the valley floor, offering unmitigated views of the Himalaya, with its axis centered on Nanda Devi, India’s second tallest peak after Kanchenjunga.
The resort serves Kumaoni Thali, Indian food and Continental food during the meals and all the preparations are very good.
Food is sumptuous and healthy but do not expect a multi cuisine set up. They also have extensive Kumaoni dishes on the platter which must be tried on. It gives you a very local food experience in a luxurious premise.
Chef & his team will try to accommodate special requests. The customizations of the food as per guests’ needs is something that stands out for the Kumaon.
Address: Village Gadholi, Kasar Devi, Almora – 263601, Uttarakhand
PHONE : +91 94117 36084, +91 96502 64905, +91 5962 251055 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach:
By Air – New Delhi is the nearest aiport and is 300 kms from the property.
by Rail – Kathgodam railway station is 40 kms from the property. Kathgoadam is well connected with Delhi, Lucknow, Howrah.
Overnight train from Delhi to Kathgodam is highly recommended.
Source: The Kumaon, Binsar